The Road to a New Opportunity with Cypress Hospitality Group
You've put together your basic resume, a great first step in landing your next job. Now get the results you're
hoping for -plenty of attention from employers - by making sure your resume attracts the attention it deserves!
Stand out from the crowd with these 5 tips from Cypress Hospitality Group:
- 1. Use Active Language
- Choose words that convey action, place verbs at the beginning of sentences, and avoid passive language.
- 2. Include Accomplishments
- Grab employers' attention by including your major accomplishments under each job description, not just a list of duties.
- 3. Customize Your Resume for Each Position
- Identify the skills, experience and requirements each employer is looking for, and include them in your resume
- 4. Write a Clear, Concise Objective
- Target your objective statement to the specific position you're applying by pointing out how your skills meet the requirements of the job. Avoid flowery, vague or overused language.
- 5. Take a Bold Approach
- Attract employers' attention with a great cover letter expressing your enthusiasm and professionalism.